Are you sick of getting ill? Wondering why you are always getting a cold or the flu? Tired of getting treated with antibiotics? Nutritional IV therapy may be your saving grace this cold and flu season.
Coming down with the occasional cold may be normal, but some people seem to be more susceptible to getting several colds per season. This is mainly due to a low or depressed immune system. As you might expect, certain people, like the elderly, people with chronic disease, and people who are taking immune depressing medications are more susceptible to the common cold or flu.
Even if you are not suffering from a chronic disease, you can still have a low immune function by being over worked, over stressed and “burning the candle at both ends”. Stress causes adrenal glands to produce high levels of cortisol, which has benefits such as reducing inflammation, but also strongly suppresses your immune system and over work adrenal glands known as adrenal fatigue.
At AIM, we offer a variety of immune boosting intravenous (IV) vitamins for both prevention and treatment of cold or flu.
How Does IV Vitamin Therapy Work as a Cold or Flu Treatment?
The main treatment we employ for cold and flu are a full Multi-vitamin IV or an Immune boosting IV commonly called Myer’s Cocktail with a few twists. We can also develop a specific IV treatment tailored to your specific needs.
Common Ingredients Include:
- Vitamin C – helpful antioxidant that acts as antiviral to decrease the duration of cold and flu.
- B vitamins such as vitamin B5, B6, B-complex and B12 to boost your immune system and reducing the unpleasant symptoms such as nausea and fatigue and to support the adrenal glands.
- Calcium and Magnesium – to fight unpleasant body ache and muscle soreness.
- Glychrrhizic Acid – Has powerful immune stimulatory and antiviral effect.
- Glutathione – Antioxidant powerhouse that is essential to detoxification and protects the body from free radicals.
- Zinc – Supports immune function.
IV Therapy is one of the quickest ways to get medication where it is needed in the body and can raise blood levels of nutrients to a considerably greater extent than taking a pill orally. Many of the vitamins and minerals listed above cannot be absorbed in high amounts orally and their true benefits are seen in high doses.
Our IVs are always customized to your particular needs and are administrated in a quit and relaxing setting where you can set, listen to music or watch a movie, or lay down and take a nap if you wish. The typical IV takes 30 to 45 minutes, without any side effects.